Friday, October 19, 2012

Friday morning

About 5:30am she woke up and I think for the first time realized she was out of surgery. She was complaining earlier about the foley but this time she was aware of the peripheral IV in her foot and that bothered her cause she has never had one there. She seemed uncomfortable and was grabbing her chest tubes and and would wimper from pain when she would cough so I asked for more morphine. She was able to be comfortable before x-ray came in at 6:00am. Praying we see improved films this morning. Amen!

The nurse then stripped her chest tubes to keep it from any blockage and the fluid flowing out. She just opened her eyes and looked at me but didn't cry and went back to sleep. She is due for her other pain meds but we're holding off cause the morphine is making her breathe a little too shallow. It's finding that good line between comfort and not too sedated.

I'm sure I won't be able to update during the day as she'll be awake or I'll be trying to catch a nap when she does. I'm running on about an hour sleep split up throughout the night. I'm not complaining one bit but I know I have to take care of myself in order to care for her.

3 comments:

Searching for Answers said...

What a beautiful little girl! Sounds like she's doing great. Sofia was sedated heavily the next day as well. Try to get a nap in every once in a while.. AND DON'T FORGET TO EAT! So glad to know she is doing well and being so brave!

Hollie said...

Keeping you all in my prayers today. Hoping that recovery continues to go smoothly. Please take care of yourself too, I know how hard it is to do that when all you want to do is take care of your babe. She is a super star! Ben has been praying with me and he wants me to let you know that he thinks Ari is so strong and brave! Love you guys!

Unknown said...

Thank you Hollie! Means alot to know you guys are praying for us.

Christina- Robert was able to get me go to cafeteria tonight to eat something. Of couse wouldn't go without my mom being with Ari. So thankful for her!